Medianet is a Cisco term used to describe an infrastructure that is enhanced to support the delivery of rich media applications like voice and video.
LiveAction Medianet Benefits
- Mediatrace—troubleshoot media-based flows by gathering specific information related to performance from various hops that the particular flow takes
- Medianet IP SLA VO (Video Operation)—Cisco’s synthetic traffic generation and analysis for Cisco
- Telepesence, IPTV, and IP video surveillance traffic types
- Understand the impact video traffic has on your infrastructure and any QoS policies that are in place
- Medianet Performance Monitor—specialized version of NetFlow, primarily used to gather performance metrics for RTP and TCP traffic
Medianet Mediatrace used to troubleshoot media-based flows on a hop by hop basis.
LiveAction Medianet Features
- Select flows to troubleshoot and automatially invoke commands to display results for easy analysis
- Visually follow Mediatrace streams across the network
- See tabular data, providing statistics for each hop
- Graphically manage IP SLA VO by configuring the tests and displaying results
- Monitor and troubleshoot performance of specific types of critical voice, video, and data traffic
- View performance monitoring, DSCP RTP SRC, and jitter information
LiveAction displays Medianet data in a tabular view, providing statistics for each hop.