LiveAction and LAN
See how LiveAction provides real-time Layer 2 visualizations
View Video (3:33 min)
LiveAction LAN: Layer 2 Visualization – Visualize, monitor, and control your routes across the network
LiveAction LAN provides real-time Layer 2 visualizations for networks, including trunk interfaces, port channels, VLAN associations, spanning tree connections, and bandwidth usage. LiveAction LAN also provides Layer 2 QoS statistics per interface and per hardware queues correlated by CoS and DSCP settings.
LiveAction VLAN Benefits
Use the ‘Selected VLAN’ dropdown menu to select any available VLAN index in the entire system topology. The VLAN will be highlighted in the system view.
- Ease of use—An intuitive graphical interface makes it easy to view and troubleshoot Layer 2 VLAN
- Rich visualizations—LiveAction provides live topological views with numerous filtering options for highly focused visualizations of the VLANs on the network. LiveAction displays VLAN paths and spanning trees graphically across the network topology to enhance root cause analysis of Layer 2 issues.
- Improved efficiency and performance—Built-in tools and visualizations reduce the time required to troubleshoot Layer 2 network problems and improve network security, efficiency, and quality of service.
- Interactive troubleshooting—The powerful ‘Show VLAN’ and ‘Show Spanning Tree Topology’ feature allows IT engineers, regardless of their experience level, to visualize and trace the root of a spanning tree bridge and map out Layer 2 VLAN topology efficiently.
- Layer 2 QoS—Layer 2 QoS statistic including CoS, DSCP and IP precedence, dropped packets, interface warnings
- Proactive monitoring—Use spanning tree topology change alerts to detect changes in the network, add or remove devices
LiveAction displays active STP topology in real-time. The blue circle indicates the root of a bridge, the green arrows indicate forwarding stage, and the red arrow indicates blocking stage.
LiveAction LAN Features
- Real-time layer 2 visualizations for networks, including trunk interfaces, port channels, VLAN associations and bandwidth percentages
- Spanning Tree Protocol visualization and reporting
- Discovery of LAN topology, devices and interfaces
- VLAN Service Policy
- System-wide visual VLAN tracing in topology view
- VLAN, trunk and access port drill down views per device
- LAN alerts, reports, tools, QoS and VLAN status
- Find IP/MAC addresses
- Add/Edit up to 25 L2 VLAN
- VLAN support for Catalyst 2960, 3750, 3560, 4500, 6500, and 7600
- Layer 2 QoS monitoring support Cisco Catalyst switches and 7600
- Layer 2 statistics including CoS, DSCP and IP precedence
- Dropped packets, interface warnings through network polling at the VLAN level